WHY IS MY RESIN TAKING MORE TIME TO CURE?
WHY IS MY RESIN TAKING MORE TIME TO CURE? This is a one million dollars question…however, it is very simple.
The epoxy curing process could be affected by many different things. When we mentioned a curing time on the Technical Data Sheet, it is always an average based on R&D results, laboratory and field testing.
We also collect feedbacks from customers. The curing process could be slowed down or stopped at some point by many factors:
- Ratio not precise (weight or volume)
- Mixing process isn’t done properly causing resin mix not being 100% homogeneous, so the molecular chain is not fully closed causing less SHORE D (hardness), less heat resistance and soft spots.
- Disorder the weight mixing ratio (100A/42B) in volume or the volume mixing ratio (2A/1B) in weight. Specific densities of parts A and B are often different so it changes the appropriate ratios.
- An oversight of taring your container on the scale so it modifies the mixing ratio in weight.
- Not using a straight side container so the measurements in volume might be affected because of the container angles being smaller at the bottom and larger at the top.
- Temperature, each degree F/C under 72F/22C will slow down the curing process by 15-25% depending on the mass, therefore it can take longer for the resin to fully cure.
- You pour less volume/thickness than the recommended CHILL EPOXY™ system.
- The design of the table. Small sections will take more time to cure.
- The use of the wrong part B for the CHILL EPOXY™ part A product.
Patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet…you maybe are too much in a hurry…let the resin works for you.
Each CHILL EPOXY™ product was formulated by Polymeres Technologies INC for specific application. One or two products can’t do it all even if some epoxy sellers try to convince you…results speak by itself. If you underpour a specific system, the exotherm curve will change on the lower level (less energy to link molecules) and it will take longer to cure. However, it will reach its final cure but with a longer time.
Choosing the appropriate CHILL EPOXY™ system for your project is very important. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information on our premium epoxy systems. The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you…
ENJOY YOUR CHILL EPOXY™ EXPERIENCE.
For more information on our products or for addtional guidance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org