Heat Resistance of epoxy resin?
In general, a countertop epoxy like CHILL 3D (1:1) or a topcoat like CHILL CLEAR (2:1) offer some superior level of heat resistance. The extent of heat resistance varies from product to product depending on the raw materials used during formulation. However, the CHILL EPOXY products are used for many applications. Side tables, counters, coasters, charcuterie boards, topcoats and more. Our epoxy systems offer exceptional temperature resistance. As we only use high quality materials from the best raw material manufacturers in the world, they offer us better performance.
CHILL EPOXY products can withstand higher levels of heat than most convenience products without warping. All our CHILL EPOXY solution has been testing up to 300F and boiling water without leaving any marks. Most importantly, “Heat Resistance” is the thermal degradation temperature at which the epoxy begins to degrade, become flexible, or poorly trace. The temperature at which a product like CHILL 3D (1:1) – “Countertop Epoxy” warps, burns and permanently degrades is around 350-400F.
We do not recommend exceeding 300-350F for an extended period of time. There is absolutely no problem with hot cup of coffee/tea.
Tips and tricks to get the best temperature resistance.
- Ratio not precise (weight or volume)
- Secondly, if the mixing process isn’t done properly, the molecules to not be 100% homogeneous. The molecular chain will not fully closed causing less SHORE D (hardness), less heat resistance and soft spots.
- The A+B should be mix for a minimum of 8-10 minutes. and
- Sides and bottom of the flat mixing cup should be scrape regularly to remove unmix epoxy sticking to the sides/bottom.
- Therefore, using serious tools to mix your resin such as flat metal spatula and jiffy mixers is a must
- Temperature, each F/C under 72F/22C will slow down the curing process by 15-25% depending on the mass, therefore it can take longer for the resin to fully cure and reach its maximum temperature resistance
In conclusion, when using CHILL EPOXY products, it is important to follow the instructions provided in the box and on the Technical Data Sheets (TDS) to the letter.
For more information on our product’s properties, please refer the the TDS in the product section.
Heat Resistance of epoxy resin? For any additional information, feel free to visit www.polymerestechnologies.com or contact us at email@example.com