CHILL ICE 2 – Slow Setting UV-Resistant Clear Casting Epoxy Kit for 1.5″-2″ thick pours
$148,00 – $1.424,00
CHILL ICE 2™ is a 100% reactive crystal clear epoxy system with very low viscosity and high ultraviolet resistance. The CHILL ICE 2™ makes it possible to cast river tables up to 2 inch thick up to 60L, in a single casting, while maintaining its transparency and high precision. CHILL ICE 2™ offer an excellent bubbles release and very low odor. It can be colored with one of our CHILL DROPS liquid pigments.
- Ideal for projects between 1.5 to 2” thick, in a single pour without the need to use a fan.
- It is commonly used for the casting of river tables or bigger projects using molds.
- Very durable
- 100% Solid and VOC FREE
- Water like viscosity to avoid bubbles
- Can be colored with one of our CHILL DROPS™ or metallic pigments.
- Very strong mechanical strength and Stress resistance
- Easy Mixing Ratio: 2:1 by volume or 100/42 by weight
- Ideal Working Temperature: 22C /72F
- Mixing time : 8-10 minutes minimum
- Pot Time: 600 minutes at 22C/72F depending on volumes and room temperature
- Cure Time: 3-5 days depending on volume, room temperature, humidity level, and thickness of the casting
- Recommended Thickness per Layer: 1.5-2″ per layer.
- Maximum Thickness in a single pour: 2″ max
- Cure Appearance: Optical Clarity
- Viscosity : 200 CPS Mixed – Very low Viscosity for a better penetration
- Recommended cleaning products: POLY CLEANER™ Resin Cleaner or Isopropyl Alcohol
CHILL ICE 2™ is a 100% reactive epoxy system with very low viscosity and high ultraviolet resistance. The CHILL ICE 2™ makes it possible to cast river tables up to 2 inch thick up to 60L, in a single casting, while maintaining its transparency and high precision. Its long pot life makes it possible to mix several liters at a time and to pour a large quantity of resin during the production of the river table.
Store CHILL ICE 2™ on a pallet (do not store directly on the floor) or shelf @ 22 °C with relative humidity less than 60%. A cold environment will increase the viscosity of each part A and B and a warmer environment will decrease it.
Before using CHILL ICE 2™, be sure to mix each Part A and B. Minimize air formation as much as possible by gently mixing for a minimum of 5 to 10 minutes with a metal spatula.
Mix exactly 2 parts of A with 1 part of B by volume (or 100 A / 42 B by weight) and make sure to mix evenly, making sure to scrape the edges and the bottom of your container.
Since the pot life of the system is 500 minutes @ 22 ° C for a mass of 200 grams, be sure not to mix more material that can be applied within the life time pot. It is important to note that the pot life time will be shortened in a warmer environment and will be
lengthened in a cooler environment. The handling time will reflect the temperature level. Also, the greater the amount of resins to be mixed, the shorter the pot life time will be.
Uncured material can be easily cleaned using our POLY CLEANER™ or isopropyl alcohol.
Contact POLYMERES TECHNOLOGIES for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
3L, 12L, 30L, 60L