Clear Casting Epoxy Slow Setting UV-Resistant Kit CHILL ICE 1™
Clear casting epoxy CHILL ICE 1™ is a 100% reactive crystal clear epoxy system with very low viscosity and high ultraviolet resistance. The CHILL ICE 1™ makes it possible to cast small and medium-size projects like coffee tables or river tables up to 1.5″ thick up to 60L, in a single casting, while maintaining its transparency and high precision. CHILL ICE 1™ offers an excellent bubbles release and very low odor. It can be colored with one of our CHILL DROPS liquid pigments – Transparent or Opaque.
CHILL ICE 1™ is a Slow Setting UV-Resistant Clear Casting Epoxy system, 100% reactive with very low viscosity. The CHILL ICE 1™ makes it possible to cast river tables up to 1.5” thick, in a single pour, while maintaining its transparency and high precision. CHILL ICE 1™ will best perform between 0.5 up to 1.5″ thick. Under 0.5″ it will take longer to fully cure. CHILL ICE 1™ is perfect for bubble-free casting after less than 5 to 10 minutes without the use of a torch, which can cause an exothermic imbalance in the casting. Its long pot life makes it possible to mix several liters at a time and to pour a large quantity of resin during the production of the river table. This system also meets the European RoHS standard.
- Ideal for projects between 0.5 to 1.5” thick, in a single pour without the need to use a fan.
- It is commonly used for the casting of river tables, coffee tables, or medium-size projects using molds.
- Very durable
- Water like viscosity to avoid bubbles
- Can be colored with one of our CHILL DROPS or metallic pigments.
- Very strong mechanical strength and stress resistance
- Heat and Impact Resistance
- Slow setting time
- Low odor
- Easy mixing ratio: 2:1 by volume or 100/42 by weight
- Ideal working temperature: 22C /72F
- Pot time: 500 minutes at 22C/72F depending on volumes and room temperature
- Cure time: 3-5 days depending on volume, room temperature, humidity level, and thickness of the casting
- Recommended thickness per layer: 0.5-1.5″ per layer.
- Maximum thickness in a single pour: 1.5″ max
- Cure appearance: Optical clarity
- Viscosity: 195 CPS mixed – Very low viscosity for a better penetration
- Recommended cleaning products: POLY CLEANER™ resin cleaner or isopropyl alcohol