CLEAR FLOOD COAT EPOXY RESIN CHILL CLEAR™
CLEAR FLOOD COAT EPOXY RESIN – CHILL CLEAR™ is a transparent high durable finish resin with optical clarity that offers excellent resistance to ultraviolet rays. Hence with its low viscosity and fast setting time, you can pour up to ½ inch thick layers at a time. Thus it is the perfect formula to fill cracks, voids, or knots. It is commonly used for coasters or other projects up to 1/2″ thick and flower preservation. It protects wooden tabletops or countertops, led, and electronic components. Furthermore, it is also an ideal sealer to be applied on a surface before casting a large quantity of epoxy resin. Perfect for creating handcrafted objects, coasters, protecting barhop and tabletops, potting LED lights, and minor electrical and electronic components.
CLEAR FLOOD COAT EPOXY RESIN
CHILL CLEAR™ is a Medium Setting UV-Resistant Clear Coat Epoxy system with 100% reactive materials with a very low viscosity. CHILL CLEAR™ allows casting thin layers and up to 0.5 inches thick transparent pieces such as jewelry, coasters, painting, flood coat, countertops, or topcoats on river tables. Its pot life of 60 minutes allows a fast handling time. Very low viscosity allows maximum infiltration of the crevices in the molds or the different substrates on which CHILL CLEAR™ is poured. CHILL CLEAR™ has a two-component kit: a resin (part A) and a hardener (part B). This epoxy resin is for different surfaces: canvas, stone, wood.
- Ideal for projects up to 1/2” thick in a single pour.
- It is for filling more significant cracks, voids, knots, CNC letters,s or signs.
- 100% solid, without VOC
- Heat and Impact Resistance
- Very durable
- Water like viscosity to avoid bubbles
- Colored with one of our CHILL DROPS™ or metallic pigments.
- Extreme mechanical strength and Stress resistance
- Easy mixing ratio: 2:1 by volume or 100/42 by weight
- Ideal working temperature: 22C /72F
- Pot time: 60 minutes at 22C/72F depending on volumes and room temperature
- Cure time: 24-78 hours depending on volume, room temperature, humidity level, and thickness of the casting
- Recommended thickness per layer: 1/16 up to 1/2″ per layer.
- Maximum thickness in a single pour: 1/2″ max
- Cure appearance: Optical clarity
- Viscosity: 200 CPS mixed – Very low viscosity for a better penetration
- Recommended cleaning products: POLY CLEANER™ resin cleaner or isopropyl alcohol
Store CHILL CLEAR on a pallet (do not store directly on the floor) or shelf @ 22 °C with a relative humidity of less than 60%. A cold environment will increase the viscosity of parts A and B, and a warmer environment will decrease it. Before using CHILL CLEAR, be sure to mix each Part A and B. Minimize air formation as much as possible by gently combining for a minimum of 5 to 10 minutes with a metal spatula. Mix exactly 2 parts of A with 1 part of B by volume (or 100 A / 42 B by weight) and mix evenly, making sure to scrape the edges and the bottom of your container.
Since the pot life of the system is 60 minutes @ 22 ° C for a mass of 200 grams, be sure not to mix more material that you applied within the lifetime pot. It is important to note that the pot lifetime will be shortened in a warmer environment and lengthened in a cooler environment. The handling time will reflect the temperature level. Also, the greater the amount of resins to mix with, the shorter the pot lifetime will be. You can easily clean uncured material with our POLY CLEANER™ or isopropyl alcohol.