DEEP POUR EPOXY CASTING RESIN – 2″ THICK – CHILL ICE 2™
DEEP POUR EPOXY CASTING RESIN – 2″ thick – CHILL ICE 2™ is a 100% reactive epoxy system with very low viscosity and high ultraviolet resistance. The CHILL ICE 2™ makes it possible to cast river tables up to 2 inches thick up to 60L in a single casting while maintaining its transparency and high precision. Hence its long pot life makes it possible to mix several liters and pour a large quantity of resin during the production of the river table.
Indeed DEEP POUR EPOXY CASTING RESIN 2:1 – CHILL ICE 2™ offers an excellent bubble release and very low odour. Indeed it can be coloured with one of our CHILL DROPS™ liquid pigments. Thus store CHILL ICE 2™ on a pallet (do not store directly on the floor) or shelf @ 22 °C with a relative humidity of less than 60%. A cold environment will increase the viscosity of each part A and B, and a warmer environment will decrease it.
DEEP POUR EPOXY CASTING RESIN 2:1 – CHILL ICE 2™
Before using CHILL ICE 2™, be sure to mix Part A and B. Minimize air formation as much as possible by gently combining for a minimum of 5 to 10 minutes with a metal spatula. Mix exactly two parts of A with 1 part of B by volume (or 100 A / 42 B by weight) and mix evenly, making sure to scrape the edges and the bottom of your container. Since the pot life of the system is 500 minutes @ 22 ° C for a mass of 200 grams, be sure not to mix more material that can be applied within the lifetime pot.
It is also important to note that the pot lifetime will be shortened in a warmer environment and lengthened in a cooler climate. Hence the handling time will reflect the temperature level. Also, the greater the number of resins to be mixed, the shorter the pot’s time will be. Uncured material can be easily cleaned using our POLY CLEANER™ or isopropyl alcohol.
- Ideal for projects between 1.5 to 2” thick, in a single pour without the need to use a fan.
- It is commonly used for the casting of river tables or bigger projects using molds.
- Very durable
- 100% Solid and VOC-free
- Water like viscosity to avoid bubbles
- Can be coloured with one of our CHILL DROPS™ or metallic pigments.
- Very strong mechanical strength and Stress resistance
- Easy mixing ratio: 2:1 by volume or 100/42 by weight
- Ideal working temperature: 22C /72F
- Mixing time: 8-10 minutes minimum
- Pot time: 600 minutes at 22C/72F depending on volumes and room temperature
- Cure time: 3-5 days depending on volume, room temperature, humidity level, and thickness of the casting
- Recommended thickness per layer: 1.5-2″ per layer.
- Maximum thickness in a single pour: 2″ max
- Cure appearance: Optical clarity
- Viscosity: 200 CPS Mixed – Very low viscosity for a better penetration
- Recommended cleaning products: POLY CLEANER™ resin cleaner or isopropyl alcohol
Contact POLYMERES TECHNOLOGIES for more information. email@example.com.