Epoxy Adhesive Thixotropic Binder
Epoxy Adhesive CHILL BOND 8111™ is a 100% solid and reactive two-component epoxy adhesive. Thus, the component mixture will form a very highly thixotropic paste with a medium exothermic reaction. Hence, it’s also applicable on horizontal or vertical surfaces up to 1/16 of an inch thick. And at the same time, it can also be used to structurally bonds most rigid substrates such as wood, concrete, metal, and some thermosetting plastic.
Also ideal to bond wooden and metal parts in the woodworking industry. The advantage of the Epoxy Adhesive CHILL BOND 8111™ compared to standard one-part PVA wood adhesive will fill any gaps and resist many chemical products. It will reach approximately 80% of its strength within 24 hours at 22°C, so the parts are easy to manipulate.
- Easy to mix, (1:1 Ratio)
- Easy to apply
- High bond strength
- Highly thixotropic
- Low shrinkage
- Can be pigmented with the CHILL DROPS™ pigments
- Easy Mixing Ratio: 1:1 by volume or 100/87 by weight
- Ideal Working Temperature: 22C /72F
- Mixing time: 5 minutes minimum until the color is uniform
- Pot Time: 30 minutes at 22C/72F depending on volumes and room temperature
- Cure Time: 24-36h depending on volume, room temperature, humidity level, and thickness
- Recommended Thickness per Layer: up to 1/16 of an inch thick
- Consistency: Thixotropic Gel
- Recommended cleaning products: POLY CLEANER™ Resin Cleaner
All surfaces must be intact, hard, dry, and free from grease, oil, dust, oxidation, or other contaminants to prevent proper adhesion. Mix equal parts of A and B by volume until the color is uniform. Then, use a metal spatula to mix both components to reach total homogeneity. Next, scrape the bottom and sides of the container to ensure parts direct to the center of the mass.
Also, to ensure good results on the assembly, see that the Epoxy Adhesive CHILL BOND 8111™ fills all gaps between substrates that bond. Lastly, secure the assemblies with clamps if required. Uncured components are easy to clean by using the POLY CLEANER™.
Please consult POLYMERES TECHNOLOGIES for more details based on your application.
We strongly recommend validating your techniques before going on production. The success of your assembly to reach a structural bonding are the followings;
- The precise Ratio in weight or volume.
- A homogeneous mix of the parts a/b in using an appropriate mixing tool and time of mixing.
- Surface preparation of the parts to assemble.
- The assemblies must remain at 22°c for the total period of polymerization.