FAST CURING CLEAR EPOXY RESIN
FAST CURING CLEAR EPOXY RESIN – CHILL FIX™ is a 100% reactive ultra-fast setting clear epoxy system with very low viscosity and high ultraviolet resistance. Hence, with its very short pot life, it is also ideal for small applications, small castings but mostly to fill little cracks, voids, and knots on wooden substrates such as river tables and serving boards. Moreover, it only has 13 minutes of pot life. At the same time, this will be fully cured in less than a few hours.
Also, its low viscosity and high reactivity allow it to quickly fill any small repairs in a short period(few hours) and be able to sand the surface in no time. It can also be pigmented with our CHILL DROPS™ opaque and transparent series. Hence, Epoxy Filler CHILL FIX™ is also totally compatible with our metallic pigments and CHILL DROPS™ liquid pigments. Furthermore, It can be in a format of 1.5L. And larger formats are available upon request.
- Ideal for small projects and masses or layer up to 1/4” thick
- 100% solid, without VOC
- It is commonly used to fill small cracks, voids, knots, or small casting such as jewelry.
- Quick pot life and fast curing time
- Heat and impact resistance
- Very durable
- Water like viscosity to avoid bubbles
- It can be colored with one of our CHILL DROPS™ or metallic pigments.
- Extreme mechanical strength and stress resistance
- Easy mixing ratio: 2:1 by volume or 100/44 by weight
- Ideal working temperature: 22C /72F
- Pot time: 13 minutes at 22C/72F depending on volumes and room temperature
- Cure time: 3-6 hours depending on volume, room temperature, humidity level, and thickness of the casting
- Recommended thickness per layer: 1/16 -1/4 or small masses
- Maximum thickness in a single pour: 1/4 max
- Cure appearance: Optical clarity
- Viscosity: 325 CPS mixed – Very low viscosity for a better penetration
- Recommended cleaning products: POLY CLEANER™ Resin cleaner or isopropyl alcohol
Note: Before using epoxy filler CHILL FIX™, make sure the wooden/epoxy section is free of any contaminant (dirt, oil, and grease).
Surface Preparation: Protect the work area from accidental spills. Slightly rough down repair area. Heat is generated while the epoxy mixture cures; the more epoxy and hardener are mixed, the more heat is generated, causing the epoxy mixture to cure faster. Only mix an amount of epoxy and hardener that you can use within the product’s pot life.
Important Instructions: Mix 2 parts of “A” to 1 part of “B” by volume until the color is uniform. A small variance in the mixing ratio can modify the product’s physical properties.
Warning: Short pot life, DO NOT MIX more than 150ML at a time or risk of overheating of left in mass too long.