Introducing CHILL FIX™ – Quick-Set Clear Epoxy Resin, the ultimate solution for those looking for a fast-curing and highly durable epoxy resin. Whether you are looking to make small repairs, castings or fill cracks and voids in wooden substrates such as river tables and serving boards, this product is the perfect fit. With a pot life of only 13 minutes and a full cure time of just a few hours, you can complete your project in no time and have it ready to use.
Thanks to its low viscosity and high reactivity, CHILL FIX™ is easy to work with and allows for quick and easy filling of small repairs. Its high ultraviolet resistance also makes it an excellent choice for outdoor projects. Additionally, this epoxy resin can be pigmented with our CHILL DROPS™ opaque and transparent series, and is compatible with our metallic pigments.
The epoxy filler CHILL FIX™ is available in a 1.5L format, and larger formats are available upon request. It is also 100% solid, without VOC, and can fill small cracks, voids, knots, or small casting such as jewelry. With its high-gloss finish, heat and impact resistance, and extreme mechanical strength and stress resistance, CHILL FIX™ is the ultimate solution for all your small project needs.
To achieve the best results, make sure the wooden/epoxy section is free of any contaminant such as dirt, oil, and grease. Surface preparation is also key, and we recommend slightly roughing down the repair area to ensure optimal results. The ideal working temperature is 22C /72F, and the recommended thickness per layer is 1/16 -1/4 or small masses. Maximum thickness in a single pour should not exceed 1/4.
Quick-Set Clear Epoxy Resin – CHILL FIX™ 2:1
- Ideal for small projects and masses or layer up to 1/4” thick
- 100% solid, without VOC
- It is commonly used to fill small cracks, voids, knots, or small casting such as jewelry.
- Quick pot life and fast curing time
- Heat and impact resistance
- Very durable
- Water like viscosity to avoid bubbles
- It can be colored with one of our CHILL DROPS™ or metallic pigments.
- Extreme mechanical strength and stress resistance
- Easy mixing ratio: 2:1 by volume or 100/44 by weight
- Ideal working temperature: 22C /72F
- Pot time: 13 minutes at 22C/72F depending on volumes and room temperature
- Cure time: 3-6 hours depending on volume, room temperature, humidity level, and thickness of the casting
- Recommended thickness per layer: 1/16 -1/4 or small masses
- Maximum thickness in a single pour: 1/4 max
- Cure appearance: Optical clarity
- Viscosity: 325 CPS mixed – Very low viscosity for a better penetration
- Recommended cleaning products: POLY CLEANER™ Resin cleaner or isopropyl alcohol
Note: Before using epoxy filler CHILL FIX™, make sure the wooden/epoxy section is free of any contaminant (dirt, oil, and grease).
Surface Preparation: Protect the work area from accidental spills. Slightly rough down repair area. Heat is generated while the epoxy mixture cures; the more epoxy and hardener are mixed, the more heat is generated, causing the epoxy mixture to cure faster. Only mix an amount of epoxy and hardener that you can use within the product’s pot life.
Important Instructions: Mix 2 parts of “A” to 1 part of “B” by volume until the color is uniform. A small variance in the mixing ratio can modify the product’s physical properties.
Warning: Short pot life, DO NOT MIX more than 150ML at a time or risk of overheating of left in mass too long.