Versatile Epoxy Gel Adhesive for All Your Bonding Needs
CHILL BOND 8111™ Epoxy Gel Adhesive is the perfect solution for those seeking unbeatable strength in their bonding projects. With a 100% solid and reactive two-component epoxy formula, this adhesive forms an extremely highly thixotropic paste with a medium exothermic reaction. It can bond most rigid substrates such as wood, concrete, metal, and some thermosetting plastic, making it a versatile solution for a range of projects. When applied to horizontal or vertical surfaces up to 1/16 of an inch thick, CHILL BOND 8111™ provides a long-lasting, heavy-duty bond that can withstand even the most challenging environments.
While many industrial adhesives can be difficult to apply, our Epoxy Gel Adhesive is designed with ease of use in mind. The gel formula allows for precise application without messy drips or runs. Plus, the extended working time means that you can take your time to get your project just right before the adhesive sets. This makes it a great choice for DIY enthusiasts and professionals alike.
What makes our Epoxy Gel Adhesive truly stand out is its versatility. It can be used for a wide range of applications, from repairing metal surfaces to bonding wood furniture. It’s also resistant to water, chemicals, and heat, making it a great choice for use in harsh environments. With this adhesive in your toolkit, you’ll be prepared to handle any bonding project that comes your way.
- Easy to mix, (1:1 Ratio)
- Easy to apply
- High bond strength
- Highly thixotropic
- Low shrinkage
- Can be pigmented with the CHILL DROPS™ pigments
- Easy Mixing Ratio: 1:1 by volume or 100/87 by weight
- Ideal Working Temperature: 22C /72F
- Mixing time: 5 minutes minimum until the color is uniform
- Pot Time: 30 minutes at 22C/72F depending on volumes and room temperature
- Cure Time: 24-36h depending on volume, room temperature, humidity level, and thickness
- Recommended Thickness per Layer: up to 1/16 of an inch thick
- Consistency: Thixotropic Gel
- Recommended cleaning products: POLY CLEANER™ Resin Cleaner
All surfaces must be intact, hard, dry, and free from grease, oil, dust, oxidation, or other contaminants to prevent proper adhesion. Mix equal parts of A and B by volume until the color is uniform. Then, use a metal spatula to mix both components to reach total homogeneity. Next, scrape the bottom and sides of the container to ensure parts direct to the center of the mass.
Also, to ensure good results on the assembly, see that the Epoxy Adhesive CHILL BOND 8111™ fills all gaps between substrates that bond. Lastly, secure the assemblies with clamps if required. Uncured components are easy to clean by using the POLY CLEANER™.
Please consult POLYMERES TECHNOLOGIES for more details based on your application.
We strongly recommend validating your techniques before going on production. The success of your assembly to reach a structural bonding are the followings;
- The precise Ratio in weight or volume.
- A homogeneous mix of the parts a/b in using an appropriate mixing tool and time of mixing.
- Surface preparation of the parts to assemble.
- The assemblies must remain at 22°c for the total period of polymerization.